It turned out it wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be to get DSL up and going at our place. I had to spend 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Verizon tech support in Manila trying to get the DSL modem to communicate with their servers. It had been shipped in the wrong configuration to communicate with their network. My next challenge was trying to get Jesse’s PC to connect. It took two days of my uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and updates on his PC before his PSP helped me discover that the problem was the modem. I rebooted it and viola it works. Lastly, there was the issue of canceling my dial-up service with Verizon. When I called, I made sure to tell them my e-mail address would remain with my DSL, but it was canceled anyway. I then spent 1 1/2 hours arguing with their tech support in India that the problem was on their end. The idiot “tech”(using the term very loosely) kept wanting to screen share and I had to explain to him it was an issue with their database and that I was only using a web client to access my e-mail. I literally had to walk him through what needed to happen before he was able to fix it. Then the guy had the nerve to say “if you had told me this in the beginning” after I repeatedly stated what the issue was over a dozen times. I am glad I have DSL, but I really dread ever having to call Verizon tech support as they are not the best. Like all other major companies, they farm out their tech support to guys with binders who cannot deviate from what is in front of them and engage logic to solve a problem. Ok, I now return you to your rant free lives.